I'm a journalist telling true stories at the intersection of evidence and human interest.
Currently, I'm an editorial director, editor and senior reporter at EdSurge in Washington, D.C. I write and edit feature and enterprise stories about higher education, K-12 schools and early learning, and I manage our editorial processes.
* Finalist, feature story, 2022 Dateline Awards, D.C. Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
* Finalist, news coverage, 2021 Education Writers Association National Awards for Education Reporting.
* 2020 Higher Education Media Fellowship, Institute for Citizens & Scholars.
* Winner, feature story, 2020 Dateline Awards, D.C. Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
* Finalist, feature writing, 2019 Education Writers Association National Awards for Education Reporting.
* 2018 fellow of the National Press Foundation.
* 2015 David W. Miller Award for Young Journalists.
Previously, I covered labor policy, work culture and jobs data for U.S. News & World Report. I've also written for The Chronicle of Higher Education, Slate, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Hustle, Washington Post Express, Sauce Magazine, Narratively, and Town & Style St. Louis Magazine, where I worked as managing editor.
I studied history and English at The College of William & Mary.